The MHYC Board and Management are looking forward to welcoming all our members back to our Club and are pleased to outline the “MHYC Roadmap” to reopening.
The easing of restrictions allows us to return to some normality, the Club is preparing to reopen in a stepped approach as we finalise the Sandbar redevelopment works.
Step 1: The Sandbar Café will reopen for takeaway service from Tuesday 26th October 2021 offering select food and beverage menu.
Step 2: With the resumption of Club racing programme (see below) the Harbourview Room will open to members for key sailing days.
Step 3: Late November will see the opening of the redeveloped Sandbar as a new Club amenity for members and guests.
The NSW Government has mandated that the Club must comply with the COVID-19 restrictions as set out in the Public Health Order. Whilst visiting the Club it is a requirement that the follow rules to be adhered to:
- To enter indoor facilities at the Club, it is a requirement that members and guests (16yrs+) are fully vaccinated or covered by a medical exemption certificate.
- People under the age of 16 who are not fully vaccinated must be with a fully vaccinated member of their household.
- MHYC will operate indoor areas with one person per 4 sqm and one person per 2 sqm outside areas.
- Group bookings will be limited to 20 people.
- Standing whilst drinking is only permitted in outdoor areas.
- Masks will remain mandatory in all indoor areas except when seated while enjoying food & beverages, children under 12 years exempted.
- QR coding on entry remains mandatory for all members, staff & guests.
- Proof of Vaccination must be presented to enter the Club facilities and/or upon request from Staff at any time when on Club premises (including the Marina)
COVID-19 Digital Vaccination Certificates or Immunisation History Statements are available through Medicare or My Health Record. These records may be stored as a photo, in Apple Wallet, or in Google Pay. Alternatively, anyone who has a medical exemption will be required to show their COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Contraindication Certificate, available from NSW Health. Find out more about how to get proof of vaccination.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with regards to these requirements for the re-opening the Club. These requirements are there to ensure your safety and compliance with Government regulations.
RETURN TO SAILING AND OUR RACING PROGRAMME
From Monday the 11th of October, restrictions around the number of people permitted on a boat have eased. Marine Area Command have advised that the only limit to the number of fully vaccinated people on a vessel is the allowable capacity on the vessels' Australian Builders Plate. Non-vaccinated adults are limited to one person or more if ALL are from the same household. There are no distance rules on how far you may sail, other than you must have a reasonable excuse to leave or enter Greater Sydney (including Central Coast, Wollongong, Shellharbour and Blue Mountains). Boating outside these areas without a reasonable excuse until we reach the 80% vaccination mark is prohibited.
The resumption of our Club racing programme is subject to the return of community sport in NSW, which will occur the Monday after the State reaches the 80 per cent double vaccination target. Whilst there is no fixed date for this just yet, it is expected that community sport in NSW will be allowed from Monday 25th October, and we intend to recommence our racing programme immediately from 27th October with our Wednesday Series. This will be followed by the Thursday Twilights, 28th October and our Saturday racing programme, 30th October.
We continue to work closely with the relevant State authorities and are monitoring the NSW Government's latest advice to provide the most up to date information to our members.
Please note that we are subject to changes as defined by NSW Government. We request that you continue to monitor our messaging and if you are not sure of any requirements, please do not hesitate to contact the Club.
Yours in Sailing