Middle Harbour Yacht Club is well known as the best place to host a Charity Event or Corporate / Industry Day Regatta.
With a primary focus on the social aspect, rather than the serious side of sailing, an MHYC Regatta is a great way to enjoy a day out on the water whilst raising money for a worthy cause or to simply provide a link for networking colleagues and clients.
In particular, Charity Event Regattas at MHYC have helped raise over $1,000,000 each year and over many years for various charities, with dedicated teams of people volunteering to help raise important funds and promote the causes they so strongly fight for.
MHYC supports the following Charity Events and Corporate / Industry Day Regattas.
- Enel Green Power Renewable Energy Cup: Friday 18th October 2019
- Giant Steps Autism Regatta: Friday 1st November 2019
- ASX TR Charity Regatta: Friday 22 November 2019
- Spurious Challenge Regatta: Friday 21 February 2020
- SAP Redkite Regatta: Friday 28 February 2020
Boats competing in MHYC Regattas are reminded of their obligation to meet either;
- Australian Sailing Special Regulations - Category 7 audit, or
- NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Commercial Survey for Sydney Harbour.
Boats competing shall supply the above mentioned and current documentation to the Organising Authority (MHYC), as well as evidence of the current Insurance Policy which includes suitable public liability insurance of at least AUD $10,000,000.
The following companies can charter boats:
- Ausail Yacht Charters - 1300 135 632
- Champagne Sailing - 9948 1578
- Eastcoast Sailing - 1300 883 023
- Eastsail - 9327 1166
- Flagship Charters - 9555 5901
- Flying Fish - 9969 8590
- Manly Sailing - 0414 209 269
- Pilgrim Sailing - 0432 297 911
- Regatta Sailing - 1300 760 427
- Sailcorp Yacht Charters - 9955 2537
- Sailing Sydney - 9660 9133
- Sydney by Sail - 9280 1110
- Sydney Harbour Escapes - 9328 4748
- Sydney Yacht Hire - 0407 673 687