Middle Harbour Yacht Club is gearing up for another busy season of keelboat sailing and there are a number of opportunities for women to participate.
The highly popular Thursday Twilight Series includes twenty four races this year, six of which make up the Women’s Twilight Pointscore. Four divisions of yachts, from family cruisers to purebred racing machines, share the joy of racing on our spectacular harbour. Perhaps the best part of the day is returning to the lively social atmosphere of MHYC as the sun goes down to enjoy a meal, wine and good friends.Starting at 6pm, the 2019-2020 Women’s Twilight Race dates are:
- Thursday, 15 October 2020
- Thursday, 12 November 2020
- Thursday, 10 December 2020
- Thursday, 28 January 2021
- Thursday, 25 February 2021
- Thursday, 25 March 2021
We also encourage MHYC sailors to participate in the Sydney Harbour Womens Keelboat Series:
- Sunday, 25 October 2020 (MYC Helly Hansen Womens Challenge)
- Sunday, 15 November 2020 (MHYC)
- Sunday, 28 February 2021 (CYCA)
- Sunday, 28 March 2021 (MYC Helly Hansen Womens Challenge)
For more information and online entry click here.
The club’s final keelboat regatta of the year is the MHYC Women’s Regatta, being held on Saturday May 8. The 2019 event was a great success, with 23 entries from 8 clubs and a combination of sprint and harbour passage races on offer, however the 2020 regatta was abandoned due to Covid-19. The MHYC Womens Keelboat Regatta is a great lead-in for teams planning to compete in the annual Australian Womens Keelboat Regatta, hosted by Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron, St Kilda, Victoria on the Queens Birthday weekend.
- 8 May 2021 - MHYC Womens Keelboat Regatta - For online entry click here NOR Click here
- 11-14 June 2021 - Australian Womens Keelboat Regatta (RMYS-VIC)
There are a range of other club programs that can appeal to women and girls. Junior & Youth learn to sail programs include Tackers, Discover Sailing courses and Out There Sailing. In keelboats for adults, Saturday Social Sailors is a new series of short pursuit races providing a relaxed and social style of weekend race. There are also sprint race days during summer and winter.
For further information, contact MHYC Sailing Administrator Catherine Rofe