In response to the COVID-19 health emergency and in line with guidelines issued by the Australian Government and the recommendations of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and advice of Clubs NSW, MHYC has implemented a number of actions to protect the health and wellbeing of its staff, members and guests.
These actions are as follows:
MHYC remains open for business as usual, however the following applies:
- If you have travelled internationally in the last 14 days you are not permitted to attend the Club.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, a temperature, a cough, are sneezing or have any other symptoms of a cold, regardless of whether you have travelled overseas, you are not permitted to attend the Club.
- If persons within your family, workplace or friendship group display flu-like symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 you must not attend the Club for 14 days.
- If you feel unwell within 14 days after visiting MHYC please advise the Club immediately.
- We ask you to follow the personal hygiene advice issued by the Government with regard to hand washing and ask you to avoid physical contact as best possible. Refer the following site for more detailed information: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- Current advice on “social distancing” provides significant challenges to hospitality businesses such as MHYC and we are constantly looking to follow best practice whilst ensuring we can operate as a Club. While MHYC will undertake actions to protect the health of our staff, members and guests, the Club but can only do so much – the responsibility to act sensibly sits with those who enter the Club for work, business, to sail or relax
As such, at this time:
- All sailing events have been cancelled as of this announcement made today 18.3.2020
- The Sandbar will remain open and provide normal service. Habourview services will be limited and members and guests encouraged to use the Sandbar facilities.
- A number of social functions and gatherings are likely to be cancelled consistent with the health guidelines. Refer to eNews and our website regularly for details.
We ask all members and guests to observe the guidelines issued by the health authorities to minimise the possible impact of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep members advised.