The NSW Government implemented Level 1 water restrictions in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra from Saturday 1 June 2019. Water restrictions apply to all individuals and businesses including, Middle Harbour Yacht Club and it's Members.
How these resitrictions will affect you while using the Club facilities:
- wash boats with a bucket, a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- clean garbage bins and bin wash bays using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- flush boat engines
- clean bilges and essential safety components on boat trailers such as brakes and wheels using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- wash boats with a hose that isn't fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- leave hoses and taps running unattended
What are the fines for not following the restrictions?
Fines of $220 apply to individuals and $550 for businesses
Please note: in the event MHYC inccurs a fine that has been caused by a breach from an individual member, the Club will take steps to cover the costs of the fine through increase in Membership fees.
If you see someone who you believe to be breaching restrictions, please offer a friendly reminder or guide them to the Club office where they can find more information on the restrictions.
For more information click here