Saturday 6 April was the final day of MHYC’s Inshore Sprints for the Summer with a 10 knot north easterly building slightly as the sunny afternoon progressed.
Race Officer Steve Tucker set a one mile course from Middle Head to Spring Cove and the breeze axis held for the two scheduled races.
Winners in the Open Division Race 7 today were MRX (Geoff Pearson) on IRC and Wailea (Neil Padden) on PHS. In the final race, Stormaway (Jack Stening & Colin Gunn) claimed both the IRC and PHS win. In Division 1, Galan (Mike Gallagher) took the PHS prize in both races today.
Dania (Peter Charteris) won PHS in both Division 2 races while Innamincka (John Crawford) claimed the J-24 One Design result for race 7 and Vortex (Chris & Graeme Lee) took the final race on OD.
In the Adams 10 Division, Powderhulk (Patrick Delaney) won race 7 on One Design while Another Dilemma (Jim Vaughan) claimed the PHS win. In the final race of the day, it was Kicknchase (Rob Clarke & Anthony Poiner) who took the double win on PHS and OD.
After the eight races in the Sprint Series, divisional winners were…
- Open IRC - MRX (Geoff Pearson)
- Open PHS - Wailea (Neil Padden)
- Division 1 PHS – Forty Two (John McGrory & Mike Coleman)
- Division 2 PHS - Vortex (Chris & Graeme Lee)
- J24 One Design - Vortex (Chris & Graeme Lee)
- Adams 10 One Design - Kicknchase (Rob Clarke & Anthony Poiner)
- Adams 10 PHS – No Friends (Geoff Charters)
To view the latest results - click here
Photos by David Staley...